Monday, August 10, 2009

Ahanu Gets a Haircut


Ahanu has a new haircut. I was letting Ahanu grow out his hair to his hearts content. Though he didn't like to brush it or wash it, I was finding ways of doing those things enough to keep the locks and pungent odors at bay, and the birds nests from settling in. We started to braid the back part before he went to bed to keep it from tangling, and if he consented, I occasionally tied a bandanna or something in his hair to pull it off his neck.

A few days ago, his daddy was buzzing his hair into the kitchen sink as he does every so often and he asked Ahanu if he wanted his hair cut too. Ahanu consented.

Though I appreciate Safa starting the process, I, thankfully, do not have any pictures of what resulted from that spur of the moment cutting other than a trash can full of hair, but lets just say it was sort of a "shaggy" look.

I think I let Ahanu be for about a day, since he was kind of over the cutting thing after Safa was done. Then, I asked him if I could "even it out a bit". The result was not perfect in my eyes, but to most everyone else it ended up being a decent looking cut as seen at the top of the post.


No comments:

Post a Comment