Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids



Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids is a book I finally got back a couple of days ago from one of my neighbors. I hadn't finished reading it and though I was sure it would help our family, I was so excited about what I had read so far that I couldn't help but share it with her. Well, I just started reading it again and put into practice some of the suggestions I gleaned from the first few pages. I used these with Ahanu in our discussion on how we can have a more harmonious and stress-free sleep ritual. What we had was not working for either of us, so we are now in better co-operation on what we will do.

Check out the book! I didn't find it at my library a couple of years ago, so I went ahead and bought it. The book is based on the principles of Non-Violent Communication. NVC was developed by Marshall B. Rosenburg and has been spread by him and the organization he started call The Center for Non-Violent Communication. I have read a number of NVC books and found that it can assist us in communicating in all our relationships--Not just the ones we have with our kids. I hope to improve in this area every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment