Thursday, August 20, 2009

“I Love Donald! He’s the Best!”




Ahanu has loved Donald Duck comics ever since his father introduced them to him. I guess Safa was introduced to Donald Duck comics by his own father. He greatly appreciates the humor and wit they provide, especially those written by Carl Barks. Safa discovered that they even have an English class at the University of Florida that studies the comics of Carl Barks. Cool!

Ahanu first was fascinated by the Donald Duck comic books and had never seens the animated versions. He can be found in the room alone for long periods of time "reading" the books. For the last few months that is all we have gotten from the library and all we read to him at night.

Safa's enjoyment of reading them to Ahanu has been enhanced by the fact that he would enjoy reading them even if he wasn't reading them to anyone else.

We have also introduced Ahanu to the Donald Duck cartoons via YouTube.com. They have a ton of them there.

Ahanu was watching some of the videos on my computer while I was in the other room and I heard him laugh a few times and say,

"I love Donald! He's the best!"

No comments:

Post a Comment